Thursday, November 8, 2012

Mind Over Matter....


I'm a quote person. I am. They give me motivation and I believe this quote to be true because once I changed the way I thought about food and working out the rest followed. Getting healthy is all about changing your lifestyle...its not a diet...diets don't last. For me, working in the health care industry I see really sick elderly people everyday. I would say that 90% (maybe more) of the time their sickness stems   from the food they put into their body and the lifestyle that they live. Foods sole purpose is meant to nourish our body and by food I mean clean food, not the processed stuff. When you read labels, if you cant pronounce the word....it shouldn't go into your body. Once you start thinking of food to simply be nourishment for your body, you will not want to eat the processed. I know we are all human and you will slip some days. I know, I do. That bread pudding whoopie pie from Society Bakery that I ate last Saturday night was De-LISH but I also hadn't eaten anything like that in weeks/months. I ate it and enjoyed it and then went back to eating clean. What I'm saying is don't let the slip affect you, just make the right choices 90% of the time and you will still see results. As, for working out. I'm sorry, it's just something that we have to do in order to keep our bodies strong. As we get older our muscles deteriorate, I see it everyday. Thats why it is so important to keep our muscles and body strong now. Matt and I have been doing CrossFit it has worked great for us. Ladies, don't be scared to lift weights. You won't look like a body builder, promise. If anything, it will make you leaner.
The first step to changing your lifestyle is changing the way you think about food and exercise. Here's....you got it...another quote that I found that I really like.


Todays a new day and a new day means the perfect opportunity to make new healthy choices! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment