Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Smoken Mexican Chili with Avocado Cream

I've been trying to be creative in the kitchen and come up with my own recipes. However, I have been forgetful about writing the ingredients and directions down as I go. Which means, no recipe = lame. Yesterday, I decided to do better and make Paleo Chili and actually keep track of what I was doing. It was the perfect night for it because it was a chilly here in Dallas! ;-)  
I apologize before hand for the pictures I took while cooking. It's safe to say that I need to work on my artistic photography skills....they are seriously lacking. Ask Matt, my hubs....he deleted half of them. 
Ok, so here you go!
Smoken Mexican Chili with Avocado Cream 

Ingredients:

Chili Meat-Beef
1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
1 Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
1 Can of Green Chili's
1 Package of sliced Portobello Mushrooms
2 8oz cans of Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes 
1 Can Tomato Paste
4 Minced Cloves of Garlic (I heart garlic)

Spices:

2 TBSP Smoked Paprika 
1 TBSP Garlic Salt
1 TSP All Spice
2 TSP Crushed Red Pepper
2 TBSP Ground Cumin
1 TBSP Chili Powder
1 TSP Red Cayenne Pepper
To Taste: Sea Salt
To Taste: Ground Black Pepper
  


Directions:

In a large pot with Olive Oil in it. Heat on Medium. Add your Onion, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, Garlic and cook until onions are translucent, peppers and mushrooms tender.



Then add Green Chili's, all your spices, and mix together. Once all mixed add your Chili Meat and mix it in and let it brown.



When your meat is brown add the 2 cans of Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes and 1 can Tomato Paste and mix. 

I told you I LOVE Garlic



Then,  I like to take a taste test and from there you can add more of which ever spice to suit your tastebuds. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes. 

Now for the Avocado Cream:

It's easy peasy.

2  Chopped Avacodoes
1 TBSP Lemmon Juice
1 TBSP Minced Garlic
1 TSP Smoked Paprika
1 TSP Red Pepper Flakes

Put all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and add accordantly again to fit your fancy.

Now, put the Chili in bowl with a dolup or 2 of your Avocado Cream and ENJOY!!!



Randomness: 

I uploaded photos this morning and found this little ditty. Matt getting his Caveman on...devouring a turkey leg at the Renaissance Festival the other weekend. Can't get more primal than that. Don't mind the beer. Thats our downfall on the weekends... alcohol. Don't judge.















No comments:

Post a Comment